Visa to Study in Belarus
International students who wish to study in Belarus must apply for student visa after they receive an official invitation from the Belarusian educational institution to study in Belarus. Read on to know about the Belarusian student visa application procedure:
Types of Visas
In Belarus, there are different types of visas available, depending on the purpose of visit.
- Transit visa- B
- Short-term visa- C; this visa is valid for a period of maximum 90 days
- Long-term visa-D; this visa is valid for a period of maximum 1 year
Entry visa for Belarus can be single, double or multiple-entries. Visa to study in Belarus can be single, double or multiple-entry visa, and is issued for a period of maximum 90 days.
Countries which have Visa-Free Regime with the Republic of Belarus
Nationals of Cuba, Armenia and Azerbaijan can enter Belarus without visa for a period of up to 30 days
Citizens of Mongolia, Georgia, Montenegro, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Kyrgyzstan, and Moldova can enter Belarus without visa and stay in the country for a period of maximum 30 days, provided they have a tourist voucher or private invitation.
Citizens of Qatar, Serbia, Turkey, Russia, and Tajikistan can stay up to 30 days.
Citizens of Venezuela, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan can stay up to 90 days.
Visa Application Procedure
International students must apply for the visa at their nearest Belarus embassy/consulate
after they receive an official invitation letter from the Belarusian higher education institution. Nationals of foreign countries where there is no Belarus embassy/consular office are issued visa for Belarus on arrival at the National Airport in Minsk.
- Visa application form: It should be completely filled and signed
- A valid copy of passport and two Photographs
- Proof of medical insurance
- An official letter of invitation issued from the educational institution in Belarus
- Proof of accommodation in Belarus
- HIV/AIDS test certificate provided by an official public health service in the home country/arrival country of the candidate
- Proof of sufficient funds to support study and living in Belarus
- Educational documents including the details of grades/marks received and subjects undertaken. (Certified by the Ministry Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Education in the country of origin)
- Birth certificate
** All documents must be translated in Belarusian or Russian.
Student Visa is issued in 5 working days.
After entering Belarus, international students are required to report within 5 working days the information about the address and duration of stay in the country to the local passport and visa office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and get their registration done.
To know more about the Belarusian visa, contact the Belarus embassy/consulate in your place of residence.